The Nevada Economic Development Council (NEDC) cultivates economic growth and prosperity. This leadership fosters opportunities, partnerships and quality of life for our community.
• Support completion of the following by April 15, 2023
• New Construction Starts – 40
• New Rental Units – 10
• Redevelopment/Rehabilitation of Housing Units – 10
• Acquire and prepare 40 acres for industrial development by April 15, 2023.
• Engage conversations with landowners to acquire additional transferable options on land in 40-acre parcels. Goal: Secure 4 parcels by April 15, 2023.
• Explore partnerships and activities that attract and retain high quality individuals to work and live in Nevada. Goal: Utilize NEDC digital media at least 2 times each week to promote Nevada employment, housing, and quality of life ongoing.
• Assist and support new +/- 30-acre commercial development on the south side of Highway 30 by April 15, 2023.
• Recruit two new restaurants to Nevada and build an investor prospect pool by April 15, 2023. Target – mid range, casual dining.
• Support the organization of a “volunteer driven Investor Pool” that supports a hotel and two restaurant projects in Nevada by 5/1/2023.
• Attract 10 new $1,000 investors thus increasing annual investment by at least $10,000 a year by April 15, 2023.
• Establish an updated and enhanced NEDC marketing plan by April 15, 2023. Goal: Increase organizational visibility for local stakeholders as well as external businesses.